The Dakchyata grant fund has been designed to support the establishment of innovative public private partnerships in Nepal in TVET. Funding will be available for projects at national and regional levels, across our three target sectors: Agriculture, Construction and Tourism.
About the project
Dakchyata: TVET Practical Partnership is a skills development project which operates across three industry sectors in Nepal: Agriculture, Tourism and Construction. Dakchyata is a four year project which runs from 2017 to 2021, and is part of the overarching TVET PP programme funded by the European Union, and managed by the British Council in partnership with the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) in Nepal.
Where we work?
- Under Result area 1: The project will support CTEVT local activities at specific locations in the country.
- Under Result area 2: The centre of the project coordination is Kathmandu and project activities will be implemented in a variety of locations across Nepal.
- Under Result Area 3 the project will focus at national level to enhance the capacity and coordination role of the GoN in the TVET system and improve the TVET governance.
The British Council managed components of the Dakchyata project is operating across two main activity areas:
- Result Area (2): Innovative PPP models piloted to enhance the relevance, quality and sustainability of TEVT Provision in Nepal
- Result Area 3 (R3): To enhance the capacity and coordination role of the GoN in the TEVT system and improve the TEVT governance